Company: Custom Manufacturing & Engineering
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Must Complete Predictive Index Test Before Applying:
Job Summary: We have a challenging opportunity for the right leader
to become an Electrical/Electronic Components Buyer to provide
support to Operations (Engineering & Manufacturing) and Business
Development. This job require a high degree of specialized
expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality
and accuracy. Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach
to achieving results that meet these established criteria are
necessary for successful job performance.
Buyer should have an understanding of FAR/DFAR requirements and QMS
policies to support all aspects of development, production, and
test activities of medium-mix, medium volume engineer &
manufacturing environment. Buyer is to procure CME's products &
services, support new business development, create innovative
products/solutions, and positively impact revenues.
The buyer must be able to communicate with both distributors and
component manufacturers to quote, negotiate, place and monitor
orders supporting the organization's production schedule. Identify
alternate sources of supply when schedules are impacted by material
lead-time constraints. Support supplier qualification activities as
needed. Additionally must support bid and proposal efforts with
quotations and cost and lead-time estimates. Utilize experience and
knowledge to continually drive procurement activity towards lowest
total experience cost.
- Varied/Multiple Activities on Simultaneous products/projects
for Procurement in Fast-paced environment
- Technical & Analytical Focus on Work within established
standards & guidelines
- Expertise-based Problem/Solutions: High Quality & Alternative
Parts at Lowest Price
- Quick Decision Making in defined span of control.
- Ability to read schematics, drawings, & parts lists
- High standards, high quality work is of utmost importance
- Communication with multiple team-members and customers;
Regularly & Maintaining Updates w/ Management on Progress of
- Structured, organized and efficient work expected of self and
- Big picture, strategic decisions, well thought out and
- Calculated risk-taking
- Collaboration with others in design, manufacturing & testing
- Work will primarily be done singularly with some involvement
from othersDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procure Electrical/Electronic Components (High Quality, varied
quantity, at the lowest price & assure delivered in correct amounts
at to defined deadlines) to meet budget & customer requirements for
products and systems used for commercial and industrial
- Researching components, vendors, & Ensure that qualifications
are met for FAR/DFAR requirements and flow-down of contract
requirements upon vendors meet customer design & manufacturing
- Prepare/initial RFQ's/RFP's, purchase orders and amendments,
solicit competitive bid proposals, and review requisitions for
goods and services while securing and analyzing quotations,
negotiating prices and terms with vendors, and making
recommendations for cost, quality, and deliver
- Adjust/Modify Purchase Orders in Timely Fashion to meet CME
deliverable requirements through negotiations/renegotiations with
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and
resolve problems related to undelivered goods, quality of goods,
and/or quantity of goods. Additionally coordinate delivery and
installation confirming all products are received in condition
consistent with request or bid.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or
unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
including but not limited to refunds, returns and/or repairs of
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments, and
manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned
responsibilities; advises/recommends company activities with
concurrence of a manufacturing manager and/or the director of
- Research, evaluate, and qualify suppliers through surveys,
on-site visits, and other methods on the basis of price, quality,
selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production
and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and
- Obtain information from interviews, site visits, seminars,
trade shows, Internet, commercial and technical publications, and
other contacts to develop and maintain an effective qualified
- Analyze and solicit competitive price proposals, financial
reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable
prices which may be used in quotations, informal/formal bids.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance
with contractual obligations and to determine need for
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items
purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and
- Determines customer needs and expectations through contact with
staff or needs assessment techniques.
- Assists other departments/personnel in the evaluation of goods
and services as needed.
- Keeps in constant contact with appropriate personnel to insure
- Provide reports on KPIs for PPV, Expediting Costs, and product
pricing with lead time.Job Qualifications
- Ability to read drawings/schematics.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment achieving results in
a short period of time as well as meet deadlines and on Budget
- Organizational Skills and Technical Competency & Capability for
Manufacturing and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials,
manufacturing processes, quality control, costs, and other
techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and
distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of Computers and Electronics - such as circuit
boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer
hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles, procedures, and
terminology; methods of invoicing including shipping and handling
charges, including discounts, taxes, laws, rules, and
- Excellent PC Skills in the Microsoft Office programs (Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows 7/8/10); Knowledge of CAD and/or
- A fast learner and good listener.
- Experience with an ERP System preferably Deltek Costpoint or
- A proven ability to organize and effectively manage multiple
projects, deadlines, and on budget.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- An orientation toward superior customer service.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with teams.
- Enthusiasm for CME's clients (internal & external) and their
missions.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED:
Must have 3-6 years of procurement experience, preferably in
electrical/electronic design and/or the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited College/University or
- Successfully Pass: Background Check, Drug Screening, Reference
& Credit Checks.
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and
technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Travel
Percentage May Be Required From Time to Time: 5-10%
An award winning Tampa Bay small business for more than two
decades, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Inc. (CME--) delivers
engineering, manufacturing, test, and calibration/repair services
to Government and Industry. Join us at CME, where one can "Use Our
Expertise to Design & Build Your Solutions" CME's culture is
embodied by Core Values that are focused on: Serving the customer
while protecting CME, delivering quality products and services as
required, solving problems, working with energy and passion, and
encouraging and developing employees that challenge themselves.
As a strong supporter of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
(STEM) and other select charitable initiatives, CME promotes and
encourages employee community support to nonprofit organizations or
educational institutions, especially for mentoring and
school/student support. Most of CME's products and services are
focused on the development and manufacturing of energy efficient &
sustainable products such as more efficient power supplies,
intelligent power distribution units, energy saving solar panels,
and other electronic systems, end products, or components. ().
CME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
As a U.S. defense contractor CME is also subject to additional
rules and regulations regarding the hiring of foreign persons. All
persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility
to work in the United States as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3);
CME cannot accept any person for employment who does not meet
employment eligibility requirements, E-Verify verification, and/or
is in the U.S. under a student (F1 and/or OPT, J1, or M1) and/or
temporary work visa. ..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Pinellas Park , Buyer-Electrical/Electronic Components, Professions , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!