Lead Risk Analyst (RCSA Program Team)
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Lead Risk Analyst (RCSA
Program Team) for our San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Plano, TX;
Tampa, FL; and Colorado Springs, CO facilities.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control
and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through
appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise
and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors
the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge
to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are
kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the
appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex
initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office
and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages
broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products and processes.Job RequirementsABOUT
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers for 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses -to apply.ABOUT USAA RISK
ManagementUSAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk
Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. -
It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management
organization. - We are a diversified team of Risk professionals,
working across all lines of business across USAA operations
(banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth
first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the
ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We
stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.See
what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our
purpose:USAA CareersPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
board members.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond
the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk management, regulatory or operations
experience in a relevant functional area to include banking,
insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public
accounting or other related operational area.
- OR advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business,
Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 6
years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk
- OR PhD in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other
discipline relevant to risk management and 4 years of work
experience in a discipline relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution
and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance
and/or financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and
ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and
influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and
external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include
demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
and PowerPoint.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- 4+ years in Public Accounting/External Audit/Consulting
- Demonstrated ability to develop AND implement/operationalize
risk management programs
- Experience in influencing through action and providing
solutions to complex business problems
- Advanced knowledge of designing and implementing governance,
risk, and compliance technology requirements
- Extensive experience in presenting and providing written
responses to regulatory agencies and internal audit functionsThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior
to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening
is 2/06/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Pinellas Park , Lead Risk Analyst (RCSA Program Team), Professions , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!