KYC/AML Analyst (Hybrid)
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Global AML KYC Foreign Correspondent Bank/Payment
Intermediary (FCB/PI) Program is focused on the effective execution
of the customer due diligence process, specifically for FCB & PI
clients. Working with KYC-related representatives, the group
coordinates the timely completion of an FCB/PI client's Periodic
Review. The effective execution of the customer due diligence
process for Citi's FCB/PI client base relies on coordination
between the Global AML KYC organization and KYC-related
FCB/PI customer due diligence records are created and maintained on
a strategic onboarding platform, which includes workflow
functionality to facilitate information being incorporated into
client records, as well as the subsequent necessary levels of
review and approval. The due diligence process for FCB is
facilitated by multiple teams in Global KYC consisting of analysts
assigned to a given client record who work together to ensure that
the various components of the client's record are complete and up
AML KYC FCB/PI Risk Evaluation Management (REM) Team reviews the
potential AML risks associated with certain prospective and
existing clients so that the client does not present undue legal,
regulatory or reputational risk to Citi. To ensure completeness and
accuracy of a client record, REM works in partnership with the
Periodic Transaction Review (PTR) Team, the AML Program Assessment
(AMLPA) Team, the Due Diligence Unit (DDU), and KYC Business Owners
during periodic review of the client.
The primary role of an AML KYC FCB/PI REM Analyst focuses on the
facets of a KYC Profile that pose an AML risk. The REM Analyst
reviews the client profile in the context of potential associated
risks to assess and understand the level of AML risk posed by the
client to Citi, in accordance with the framework set by the Global
KYC Policy and its supporting Standards. This also includes a
quality assurance check of the record for full completeness and
- Act as an subject matter expert within FCB REM by providing
advice, including an indication of the potential for significant
risk, from AML for all higher risk clients, or where required by
certain high risk triggers in the KYC Record to the Business in an
appropriate time frame.
- Review of Customer Identification Profile (CIP) information in
the Client Profile in comparison to the documentation provided
- Review of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Including but not
limited to the Periodic Transaction Review (PTR), AML Program
Assessment, Site Visits, and AML Risk Summary
- Assess Name Screening and Sanctions hits, evaluate the risks
involved and escalate as necessary
- Review of the Customer products and services to ensure
alignment with the other KYC aspects of the client in a holistic
review of AML Program and PTR risks
- Review of any potential Bearer Shares issues
- Assess Casinos and Internet Gaming activity/involvement with
- Focus primarily on main approval workflow and ensure timely
completion of records.
- Provide advice from an AML perspective on issues escalated by
- Confirm all reputational risk information, including
information relating to sanctions, bribery or corruption has been
initially assessed and analysed by the relevant Business or AMLCO,
if necessary, to determine if the information relates to the client
and any concerns and comfort levels have been appropriately
- Escalate AML concerns or any significant suspicious activities
to senior management
- Develop recommendations to improve any processes within an FCB
REM review and submit these to management.
- Support management with provision of accurate weekly and
monthly metrics if requested.
- Providing support and development to colleagues Qualifications:
- Significant relevant work experience (minimum 3 years)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and AML
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Recent working knowledge of AML legislation and regulatory
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service
Businesses, Wealth Management, and Retail Banking preferred, as
well as Citi lines of business, client categories, and compliance
within those business segments.
- Experience in the application of KYC/CDD/EDD requirements.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend new and complex correspondent
- Commitment to understanding country-specific principles and
business knowledge related to AML regulations.
- Proactive, organized, and ability to work independently with
- Proficient with open-source research techniques and
understanding of the intelligence cycle.
- Must be able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Understanding appropriate escalation and follow-up methods when
potential AML risk is identified.
- Ability to independently refer to policies and procedures and
put into context with regards to this role. -
Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control -
Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$60,560.00 - $84,490.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Pinellas Park , KYC/AML Analyst (Hybrid), Professions , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!