Senior Instructional Designer
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: October 27, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Instructional
Designer for our San Antonio, TX, Tampa, FL, Austin, TX, or
Phoenix, AZ facility.
Partners with business, Learning Performance Consultants and
Learning Development Advisors to gather and validate learning
requirements (performance requirements, measures of success, terms
and conditions). Performs analyses, designs and develops learning
curriculum to improve performance of USAA employees. Assesses the
learning outcomes that need to be developed, understands the
performance expectations and gaps, and assists in deriving the
appropriate learning solution. Works under minimal supervision.
Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution across
multiple human resource disciplines and/or CoSAs.Job
RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For -, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly - Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses -to
apply.ABOUT USAA RISK ManagementUSAA is a growing financial
services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an
important part of this growth. - It is an exciting time at USAA and
in our Risk Management organization. - We are a diversified team of
Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across
USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the
incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management
affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a
daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us
every day.See what it's like to work for a company where your
passion meets our purpose:USAA Careers
- Organizes course content to produce curriculum that meets
learning needs of the business.
- Develops and manages timelines and milestones.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to validate that
curriculum solutions align to business priorities and strategy for
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality,
and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Develops tools and processes to measure effectiveness of
curriculum solutions and learner performance to ensure solutions
meet employee skill development requirements.
- Engages third party vendor relationships to provide learning
solutions to specific communities.
- Assembles key participants & guides and facilitates cross
functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its
products and processes.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides
recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and potential
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- A minimum of 6 or more years of progressive related experience
in instructional design to include training industry experience and
advanced knowledge of instructional design tools and
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management
skills, multi-tasking and project flexibility.*Qualifications may
warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced knowledge of Articulate and Captivate.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
10/27/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Pinellas Park , Senior Instructional Designer, Other , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!