IT Systems Engineer - Video
Company: QVC Inc
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 23, 2019
The Media Platform Engineering Team performs integrations,
administration and application support for Qurates highly available
24/7 media platforms. The media platforms including but not limited
to DAM\MAM, web services/APIs, transcoding, and live streaming. Job
Description Details A Day in the Life
- Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new
projects and may serve as a technical lead.
- Analyzes business requirements for system infrastructure.
- Implements hardware and systems software upgrades to existing
- Solves inoperability issues and acts as a Go-to person for
media related system infrastructure.
- Works with client team in testing and implementing systems and
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of infrastructure
support and process documentation
- Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring of
DAM\MAM, web services transcoding and live streaming.
- Deploys, integrates, installs, and configures the components of
the system infrastructure.
- Works closely with customers to determine their strategic
business requirements and measures system performance against
- Supports production systems, as required, through performance
optimization, problem resolution, and timely issue communications.
Keys to Success At Qurate, if you are Agile, Innovative,
Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundless, Passionate, Customer-Centric,
Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here! Must
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer related field or equivalent
years of related technical experience.
- Experience administering server operating systems (Windows or
Linux) and web-based applications.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to
- Experience effectively managing projects in a cross-functional
environment utilizing the above technologies.
- Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all
management levels, including both verbal and written
(documentation) communication skills.
- Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly
changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate
multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Proficient in scripting and automation with an emphasis on
- Experience with live and static video delivery over the
Internet in various industry standard formats. (Candidates will be
considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict
interpretation of must haves.) Nice to Haves
- Experience with various storage methodologies.
- Experience managing large-scale transcode platforms (cloud or
- Experience with various monitoring tools, from basic system
availability to video analysis.
- Working knowledge of content delivery networks.
- Familiar with continuous integration and continuous deployment
technologies, such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Xebia and
- Familiar with Visio.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of the television
production processes, broadcast operations, and technical
production requirements. About HSN, Inc. HSN, Inc., is a leading
interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a
curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its
customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration,
personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique
shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections
in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories,
and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million
households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its
website HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile
applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit
corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as
the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate
Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN,
zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, Qurate Retail
Group), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group
believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce
or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video
commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile
commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more
information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information,
please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter
and Instagram. EEO As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail
Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to
a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable
accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law,
individuals that require accommodation in the job application
process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com
for assistance. Click Apply and log in with your existing account
or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of
your application at any time and receive the most up to date
communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Keywords: QVC Inc, Pinellas Park , IT Systems Engineer - Video, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!