Pinellas Park - Gasoline Fleet Technician I
Company: FirstGroup plc
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: June 1, 2021
First Transit, a leader in the fixed-route bus, paratransit,
shuttle, and vehicle maintenance services, is now hiring an Entry
Level Fleet Technician!
This position has a start date of June 1st for our contract with
Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
The Fleet Technician I performs routine maintenance and repairs
on vehicles (buses, vans, etc.) which includes tire maintenance,
fulfilling service calls for repair, conducting visual inspections
of vehicles, and related work as assigned under direct supervision.
This position handles basic issues and refers more complex issues
to higher-level staff. All work is performed with a commitment to
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Hourly wages of $22 - $24 are based on experience and
qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- Consistent year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Entry Level Fleet Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by
performing repairs with minimal supervision on basic maintenance
such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses, lenses, wiper blades,
belts, hoses, batteries, checking fluid levels, changing fluids and
filters, and lubricating components.
- Assist Tech II or III with preventative maintenance (PMs),
safety maintenance inspections and annual maintenance
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches and other repairs under direct
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed on vehicles
including parts and supplies used. Ensure that work orders are
completed properly and accurately.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Clean vehicles as requested or required.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Entry Level Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; vocational or
technical certification in vehicle repair preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- ASE Certification preferred. Must participate in ASE testing
program within 1 year (expected to have 1 ASE within 24 months of
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 0-1 years of automotive or diesel
repair experience (preferred) or equivalent education and
- Possess basic mechanic hand tools with enough tools to perform
- Adhere to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle
inspections and safety standards.
- Basic problem-solving ability.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain an organized shop and clean work
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Pinellas Park , Pinellas Park - Gasoline Fleet Technician I, Other , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!