Receiving / Shipping / Quality Assurance
HERE WE G - R - O - W AGAIN !
Business is better than ever and that has created a need to
expand our busy Warehouse operations and add staff in all of our
departments! We are currently offering opportunities for WAREHOUSE
ASSOCIATES in our Shipping, Receiving, and Quality Assurance
Departments at our Central Distribution Center Warehouse located in
Pinellas Park, Florida.
Earn up to $17 pre hour.
Warehouse Associates are responsible for the loading, unloading,
picking, processing, checking, verifying, and the inventory of
materials received in the Warehouse or being prepared for delivery
to our customers. Complete related documentation. Prepare items and
finished goods for storage, customer pick up or for delivery move
items and finished goods to appropriate areas.
The Warehouse Associate will assist in the effective completion
of assigned receiving or shipping and other warehouse functions
this will include:
- Unload and/or load merchandise off the transfer truck or
- Select product and load onto lifts and prepare for delivery
(Shipping) and prior ROS Machine operator experience is HIGHLY
- Check transfer paperwork for correct number of pieces.
- Ensure that all goods are appropriately packaged, labeled and
tagged before transfer.
- Move materials and finished goods to storage areas or other
- Identify, track and resolve errors or discrepancies.
- May load purchases into customer vehicles and follows
verification /confirmation procedures as necessary.
- Adhere to all Warehouse safety practices
What we Offer
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k/Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Generous Employee Discount
- Continuous Training and Development
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Working with our Kane's Cares team in building Habitat Houses
and fundraising for the American Heart Association
- Compensation that is commensurate with experience
Required experience and qualifications:
- Prior Shipping, Receiving, and/or Inventory control experience
is highly desired.
- This position requires extensive physical exertion and strength
including but not limited to lifting, bending, use of upper and
lower extremities, reaching, walking heavy lifting, standing, and
clear communication and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively operate a scan gun, and read and execute
information on reports
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to lift and handle heavy items (approximately 75lbs or
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate and work
well with others in a team.
- Able to take direction and follow through attend to
- Able to operate handcart and lift; prior experience with
stand-up ROS machines and/or Forklift is highly preferred.
- Abilty to work and operate at heights while secured/restrained
by safety harness (not afraid fear of heights).
- Acceptable criminal background check and negative drug test
results - Kane's maintains a Drug Free Workplace!
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply in person at our
Kane's Furniture - Corporate Office/Distribution Center
5700 70th Avenue
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
If you wish, you may also apply by clicking on the "Apply To
This Job" button located above.
Kane's Furniture is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or
any other classification protected by federal, state or local
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
background and drug testing.
Kane's is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.