Substance Abuse Counselor, Master's Degree
Company: New Season
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: April 30, 2021
For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a
leading national health care service provider of outpatient
treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and
best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our
team members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment,
counseling, support, and care management of individuals living with
OUD. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the
underlying causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of
care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the
patient on their journey to recovery.
Provides individual, group, and family counseling to patients as
required. Works with multidisciplinary treatment team consisting of
Medical Director, Program Director, Treatment Services Coordinator,
Counselors and Nurses to identify and meet the clinical needs of
the patient and to assist in their overall well-being.
- Works with patients to complete all intake, admission,
discharge and transfer paperwork.
- Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction
- Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment
plan within the required time frame.
- Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to
address those needs.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling as
- Performs at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact
per week through individual or group counseling.
- Reports patient abuse, neglect and exploitation as
- Reports patient grievances as required.
- Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding
health issues and steps to recovery.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo
- Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center
- Actively participates in community relations activities as
directed and authorized.
- Ensures the reading and understanding of the Policy and
- Ensures compliance with 42 CFR Part 2 (Federal Confidentiality
Regulations) and 45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164 (HIPAA)
- Actively participates in preparation for surveys and
inspections conducted by CARF, the State, DEA, Board of Pharmacy
and any other agency site visits as dictated by the state laws or
- Participates in all staff meetings
- Ensures compliance with local, State, Federal and Colonial
Management Group, LP rules, regulations and policies.
- Always acts in the best interests of the program and company;
honors,supports, and protects the proprietary data and rights of
- Performs other tasks as assigned by clinic, region or corporate
Additional Functions (if Certified as a
- Provide interventions to patients whom are in crisis or
- Oversee services for pregnant patients; in collaboration with
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the competencies
(minimum knowledge, skill, and ability) required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions).
40Bay Area Treatment Center
- Education/Licensure/Certification: Qualified
candidates will have a Master's degree in a Human Services related
- Required Knowledge: Mid-level knowledge
related to the field, obtained through practicum experience, or
education/training. Entry-level knowledge of computer.
- Experience Required: 500 hours of
experience or training in substance abuse preferred.
- Skill and Ability: Must possess excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, be able to multitask,
prioritize, be dependable and reliable. Must be able to demonstrate
a working knowledge of the policies and procedures.
Keywords: New Season, Pinellas Park , Substance Abuse Counselor, Master's Degree, Other , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!