Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: March 8, 2020
Purpose of Job Promotes risk-awareness and the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting
business leader adherence to the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls; including, risk and
control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory
exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Manages
risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied
to first line of defense. Job Requirements
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk
and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives including but not
limited to: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory
reporting and filing, document governance, risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Applies a holistic understanding of risk and regulatory
compliance to includes business strategies and solutions.
- Responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report
preparation and trend analysis, utilizing Business Intelligence
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and
anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to
enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk
and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional
areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution and
leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members
and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to
ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are
followed. Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
- Or 8 years of experience in a relevant quantitative
- Or advanced degree or designation in a risk management or
quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience supporting risk
and/or compliance related activities.
- Or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4
years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Risk, control, and compliance on top of extensive big bank,
collections, and bankruptcy.
- CISA, CRCM, CIA, CCSA, NBE or other risk/compliance
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience interacting with management, regulatory agencies,
and business partners to ensure appropriate execution of regulatory
- Experience with specific deposit, credit card, and Back Office
operations product or process.
- Experience working with internal controls, business and
information technology risks and/or audit techniques.
- Experience with audit and exam engagement.The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
2/24/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Pinellas Park , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead, Other , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!