Remote Lead System Administrator
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American
(NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are
passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about
fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and
empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
The Linux/Unix Lead Systems Administrator role is to ensure the
stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house
information systems that support core organizational functions.
This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, patching,
and optimizing all networked software and associated operating
systems. This role will apply proven communication, analytical, and
problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve
issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
The ideal candidate has knowledge in one or more cloud environments
(Azure, AWS, OCI, etc.).
Open to remote candidates!
- Use "ticketing system" or assignments from management to
receive/assign work assignments.
- Provides overall technical leadership to team members. Mentors
and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure Architecture team,
researches current and future server/storage technologies and
serves as subject matter expert on processes and procedures.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of
departmental workflow automation processes, procedures and
standards, which ultimately are used to provide the server and
storage service offerings to internal IT and business unit
- Provides technical solutions and facilitates escalated support
with vendors for non-routine, highly complex technical issues
- Develops strategies and roadmaps to manage the frequency of
hardware and software upgrades.
- Plays a principal role in the evaluation of products used to
provide server and storage services for appropriateness of cost and
- Primarily responsible for performance and capacity planning
reviews with management.
- Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on
weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs. Job Complexities
- Leads cross-functional technical teams as it relates to complex
infrastructure projects and associated service offerings.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to all System
- Drives solutions on a wide variety of complex technical
- Is a principal contributor to the design, development and
implementation of automated departmental workflow processes.
- Primary departmental technical point of contact for internal IT
and business units. Works with IT and business unit counterparts to
define solution requirements for a wide range of complex technical
issues as well as subsequently developing and implementing
technical solutions to address these issues. Supervision Received
- Regularly instructs, directs, and assigns work to other team
members, monitoring project status.
- Uses expertise of other team members and leverages a wide range
of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized
- Acts as a team leader for complex infrastructure projects with
moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration.
- Sets objectives for project goals and other team members and
monitors progress to achieve goals.
- Leads the development, implementation and modification of
- Negotiates, persuades and gains consensus from cross functional
- No formal management responsibilities. Does have general
oversight of team member's workload assignments and provides
overall technical guidance and direction to the team. Knowledge and
UNIX/Linux Server Administrators:
- Advanced working knowledge of current
- UNIX/Linux server operating systems and associated
- General knowledge of UNIX/Linux virtualization
- General knowledge of Storage Area Networks as it relates to
UNIX/Linux operating systems. Windows Server/ Desktop
- Basic working knowledge of current
- Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated
- General knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V virtualization
- General knowledge of Storage Area Networks as it relates to
Microsoft Windows operating systems. Storage Administrators:
- Basic working knowledge of Storage Area Networks.
- General knowledge of Windows and UNIX/Linux operating systems
as it relates to Storage Area Networks.
- Miscellaneous Technical Skills (All):
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot
infrastructure problems specific to their area of technical
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages.
- Prior exposure to infrastructure management tools specific to
their area of technical expertise.
- Administrative/Interpersonal Skills (All):
- Basic organization skills to balance and prioritize assigned
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-cultural,
multi-location, team. Typical Range of Experience
- Employees entering this job typically have:
- 7+ years of hands-on technical experience supporting some
combination of X86 server, storage or networking
- 7+ years working with virtualization technologies such as
VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
- 4+ years of successfully leading complex technical projects and
providing technical direction to other technical personnel.
- 1+ years of cloud engineering in Azure, AWS, OCI, or equivalent
cloud provider License or Certification
- Unix or Linux operating system
- Storage Area Networking
- Infrastructure Management Tools
- VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V virtualization technologies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal work hours and/or responsibilities from
time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Pinellas Park , Remote Lead System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!