Cloud Architect- Contract to hire- St. Pete ( NO C2C)
Company: Vaco Technology
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: March 13, 2020
What you'll be doing
- Understand Experience teams needs and define features/technical
specifications for Platform
- Work closely with the Cloud and DevOps Platform Chief Product
Owner and communicate Cloud Platform product vision, strategy, and
- Work in an Agile software development team to create new
applications and services from the ground up, and/or expand upon
those created by other Toyota team members.
- As a development leader, establish software delivery workflow
within the Platform team to optimize flow, help formulate best
practices and setup toolsets and procedures for the team by
leveraging internally harmonized tooling standards.
- Formulate automation testing framework and write automated
tests for code (for both infrastructure and applications), ensuring
every function, service, and objects don't work as expected.
- Assist with the design and implementation of security
(DevSecOps) capabilities to ensure governance across multiple cloud
venues, private and public.
- Design, develop, test, debug and document new and existing
software and or applications.
- Run experiments in collaboration with the Tech Strategy team to
pilot emerging cloud platform features.
- Contribute and respond to code and architecture reviews as
- Write code and scripts to automate everything possible within
the Cloud Platforms space.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for
large scale distributed computing systems and software.
- Evaluate and implement standards for platform technologies,
make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the
lead in setting up training for other engineering teams
- Create engaging technical content including writing internal
company blog posts, whitepapers, practical guides and platform
- Act as a subject matter expert on cloud-native technologies to
enable experience teams with training, enablement, and tools
- Stay current with industry trends and recommend relevant
technologies and products in the areas of Private, Public and
Hybrid CloudWhat you bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information
Systems or equivalent
- Experience in full-stack development using modern technologies
- Experience in true cloud native development, including
container technologies i.e. Kubernetes, Docker.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps principles and DevOps tool
chains (Jenkins, shell scripting, GNU Make, Terraform, Packer,
Ansible, Docker etc.)
- Comfortable working with a variety of other languages and
technologies, including but not limited to node.js and mobile
databases, and Unix administration.
- Extensive experience leveraging AWS or Azure Platform to deploy
highly reliable and scalable cloud applications
- Deep understanding of version control tools (Git) and platforms
- Expert at working with service-based application architectures
and familiar with various API protocols.
- Expert at working in story and task-tracking tools for agile
workflows (e.g. JIRA).
- Knowledge of SOA (REST, GraphQL) and IaaS/IaC (Infrastructure
as Code) strategies for Private and Public Cloud scenariosAdded
bonus if you have
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructures,
including technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Specific experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos and
- Demonstrated ability to automate the deployment of
infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible, or
- Understanding of network database and storage technologies
including NoSQL, NAS, and object stores
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking
- Experience in Single Page Application UI frameworks (e.g.
React, VueJS, Angular) and FaaS Serverless technologies e.g. Lambda
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Pinellas Park , Cloud Architect- Contract to hire- St. Pete ( NO C2C), IT / Software / Systems , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!