Audit Manager, Consumer Compliance
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: October 23, 2019
The Audit Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for
managing a team that is performing complex and critical audits and
assessments of Citi's risk and control environments in coordination
with the Audit team. The overall objective is to recruit, develop,
and manage an effective Internal Audit team, that ensures the firm
meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business
leaders and the develop, execute, and evaluate audit plans
Responsibilities:This role requires a knowledge of and familiarity
with consumer regulatory requirements and a solid business
understanding of consumer banking products and services, especially
those associated with the Mortgage, Retail, Unsecured Lending and
Credit Cards businesses.Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable
entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit
standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and
Citigroup and Citibank policies. -
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and
Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch
examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line,
function, or legal entity at the regional or country level
including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the
corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a
leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit,
including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit
professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective
teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive
understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and
local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of
high risk areas including: Consumer or Investment Banking,
technology management; project/program management; regulatory
compliance or supplier management. -
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has
a strong understanding of the businesses. -
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of
business and support units throughout the corporation and how they
impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a
wide range of internal audiences including respective product,
function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate
internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a
major impact on the area managed. -
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity. -
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills,
makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive
thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and
recognized as a leadership role model. -
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively
advises and assists the business on change initiatives. -
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments
and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as
identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit
control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate
interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic
solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors
and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader
corporate emerging issues. -
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in
business, functional and people management, with proven abilities
in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio
of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding consumer regulatory
compliance, technology application control disciplines and a solid
business understanding of consumer banking products and services,
especially those associated with the Mortgage, Credit Cards, Retail
and Unsecured Lending businesses. -
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing
integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix
reporting environment. -
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining
independent views. This individual must be an articulate and
effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an
energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of
internal and external audit and management.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA,
CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of
work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as
:All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions
- US------------------------------------------------------Time Type
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.To view the "EEO is the
Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Keywords: Citi, Pinellas Park , Audit Manager, Consumer Compliance, Executive , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!