IT Software Applications Director
Company: City Of Pinellas Park
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: October 19, 2018
The City of Pinellas Park is hiring for the following position:
IT Software Applications Director
Definition: Under limited supervision, plans, organizes, directs and controls the administrative and professional activities in the software application and analysis of the information system.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
Researches, designs and implements new applications, systems, and programs; supervises and assists staff in directing daily work flow; analyzes user requirements, determines needs and maintains application software; tests programs and prepares implementation schedules. Oversees staff for support desk.
Identify what software is best for each specific business need. Acquire the software, prepare the servers, install the software, configure it, load data into it, tune it, upgrade it, and repair it when there are problems. Writes proposals and operational procedures; develops and implements policies and procedures for staff; hires, trains, develops, encourages, and disciplines staff; schedules, assigns, and reviews the work of subordinate employees.
Performs related administrative duties; assists in the budgeting process requisitioning materials and supplies, entering payroll data; serves as project lead and supervisor on new system applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of various levels and capabilities of mini-computer and microprocessor computers.
- Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Knowledge of human and material resource management.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in the operation of personal computer hardware and software.
- Skill in project/program management.
- Skill in oral communications in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Skill in written communications for both administrative and technical purposes.
- Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relations.
- Skill in the operation of standard office equipment.
Physical Requirements: Work is mostly sedentary, however may on occasion be required to lift/carry items up to fifty (50) pounds. Requires flexibility in hours and days of work and work locations due to meetings and activities that may be required outside of normal work hours.
Qualifications: The equivalent of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, management information systems, or a related field and four (4) years experience that includes two (2) years in a lead or supervisory position. MCP certification is required; in addition, an ITIL certification is preferred. Requires being fingerprinted and successfully passing background screening. Requires a valid Florida driver license.
Keywords: City Of Pinellas Park, Pinellas Park , IT Software Applications Director, Executive , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!