Sr. Tax Manager
Company: Davidoff of Geneva USA Inc.
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: February 10, 2024
The Senior Tax Manager position is responsible for Corporate
Income Tax, State Sales Tax and State Tobacco Tax reporting for our
Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) US
entities. This role also serves as a business partner for Directors
and Managers within the organization, advising them of current
regulatory requirements and working with them to ensure the
Company's compliance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
the following. Other duties will be assigned.Corporate Income
TaxIntimate knowledge of the corporate tax issues facing a
multinational US company (not publicly traded) especially in the
areas of tax compliance, and tax accounting. Most of the following
information will be provided to external provider for corporate tax
- Maintain position of multi-state PL 86-272 election. Recognize
changes within the organization that create an economic presence
and work with Director and external tax consultants to establish
Economic Factor for Apportionment.
- Prepare current and deferred income tax provision calculations
including prepare journal entries, reconciling current tax payables
and substantiating deferred tax assets and liabilities for US
jurisdictions. Work with Finance department to obtain year-end
trial balances, sales by state, balance sheet reconciliations,
fixed asset roll forward, etc.
- Work with Finance department on fixed assets, to understand
additions and retirements. Build and maintain proper book to tax
depreciation schedules; create plan to build tax schedule in SAP
- Create US Consolidation and maintain investment and equity
roll-forward. Guide Finance department with basis journal entries
to ensure changes to paid in capital or dividend is properly
- Review Form 1099s prepared by Finance staff for
appropriateness, accuracy and timely filing.
- On an annual basis, update Transfer Pricing Information for US
entities. Request data from Finance department for Form 5472,
analyze for accuracy and prepare forms. Prepare 263A UNICAP
- Effectively manage federal and state income tax return process
including returns, estimates and extensions outside advisors.
Arrange and manage audits as required.
- Update Accumulated Earning and Profits (E&P) for
consideration of dividend.
- Hire, train, and work within a team to encourage improvement
and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely
meaningful feedback.State Sales Tax and Tobacco Tax ReportingWe're
leading the way within our industry as a technology-enabled US
Distributor providing value through digitization, automation and
increased efficiencies; made possible by equipping our employees
and external business partners to succeed in a world where
transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper
level of sophistication. Our B2B ERP system is SAP and have
customized RICEFs for State tobacco tax reporting associated with
tobacco tax license management. Our B2C as a remote seller include
multi-state tobacco and sales tax on Big commerce platform. Our B2C
retail stores are on LS retail with Avalara.
- With information of change in state tobacco tax regulation and
with the knowledge of our product profile, run tax reports in
software provider's portal, identify errors and determine cause of
any inconsistency in tobacco tax reports. Work with software
provider in remote sales area to identify, test and resolve
inconsistent tax calculations.
- Participate on monthly industry calls with Industry legal
counsel and tax advocate who works directly with Federation of Tax
Administrators (FTA) to learn of current developments for remote
sellers of our product.
- Monthly review of the Accounting and Excise Tax Associate state
tobacco tax returns; and state sales tax returns for remote
- Active participant of implementation team of new B2C Retail
software. Work side-by side with Director of Tax to guide Avalara
implementation for Sales tax and tobacco tax. Prepare necessary
documentation to define tax basis; to solidify understanding for
employees and consultants, and to institutionalize for future
requirements such as changes in tax rates, additions of tax caps,
- Responsible for annual Tangible Personal Property Tax
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting
functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure
compliance.REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Uphold Code of Ethics. Build and maintain trust of internal and
external stakeholders. Very hands on, with ability to delegate.
Flexible, mature team-player with the ability to make decisive
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Acute understanding of business process flows and related
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel, using functions
VLOOKUP , PivotTable, etc. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis
position is indirectly responsible for all employees with in the
division.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with at least 5 years of
experience in accounting / tax compliance within a public
accounting firm and/or an international company.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience with progressively
- Industry experience a plus, but not
Keywords: Davidoff of Geneva USA Inc., Pinellas Park , Sr. Tax Manager, Executive , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!