Marketing Event Internship
Company: Orlando Health
Posted on: August 19, 2019
Marketing Event Internship - Marketing - Physicians - Pool - First
- req11758Fall 2019 (August 2019 December 2019)Spring 2020 (May
2020 August 2020) Essential Functions: The Marketing Event Intern
works under the supervision of the Orlando Health Marketing team
and learning opportunities may include, but are not limited to, the
- Interns may learn how to conduct competitive research and
market analysis to gain a better understanding of local, state and
national event trends.
- Interns will develop in-house marketing customer service skills
by working with a variety of groups, such as key customers,
vendors, team members, physicians and organizational
- Interns may learn how to create materials specific to fulfill
orders, scout event locations, assist in the planning of events,
execute day-of logistics and conduct post-event SWOT analysis.
- Interns will gain experience in some of the following areas:
contracting venues, arranging menus and AV equipment, negotiating
contracts, managing budgets, attend site visits, handle internal
promotions and invitation/registration procedures.
- Interns may be asked to assist in the management of existing
inventories of promotional items and event materials and determine
the materials the will best support the brand message for the
- Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate with the
Marketing team to coordinate production of save the dates,
brochures and evites with the appropriate Marketing Manager.
- Interns will learn how to work cross-functionally with other
professionals within the organization.
- Interns will have an opportunity to assist with the planning of
symposiums, networking and educational mixers, facility grand
openings, team builders and social events.
- Tasks and responsibilities are contingent upon current projects
within the Marketing department Resources for Interns:
- A dedicated workstation, including company provided computer,
supplies and materials.
- A flexible schedule designed around the Interns class
- Access to Orlando Healths Institute for Learning online
- Flex scheduling to accommodate interns volunteering at events
on nights and weekends
- Interns will come away with a portfolio of work at the
conclusion of the internship.
- Minimum of 256 hours per semester Interns are the primary
benefactors of the Orlando Health Event Marketing Internship
Program. Although the internship includes actual operation of
Orlando Health facilities, the program is similar to training that
would be given in an educational environment. This is to the direct
benefit of students. The intern does not displace regular Orlando
Health employees, but works under close supervision of our staff.
Orlando Health derives no immediate advantage from the activities
of the intern, and on occasion, its operations may actually be
impeded. The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the
conclusion of the internship. Requirements:
- Currently enrolled at the University of Central Florida,
obtaining a degree from a limited access program from the Rosen
College of Hospitality, preferably Event Management
- 15-20 hours a week. Some events will require presence on a
weeknight or weekend.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point
- Desire to learn standard healthcare marketing and event
- Basic knowledge of event planning. Intern Responsibilities:
- Interns, who are offered internships will need to provide proof
of immunizations, complete a background check and fulfill other
requirements required by Orlando Health
- Interns must enroll in an internship course at the Rosen
- It is the responsibility of the intern to communicate any
deadlines and requirements set forth by their college to their
- Interns are required to abide by the Orlando Health dress code
at all times. Specific event attire will be specified as
- Interns must maintain compliance with all Orlando Health
policies and procedures.
- Interns must maintain punctual attendance consistent with
Orlando Health policies. About Orlando Health Orlando Health is a
$3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than
3,300 beds serving Central Florida and beyond. Consisting of eight
wholly-owned or affiliated hospitals and rehabilitation centers,
Orlando Health has the areas only Level One Trauma Centers for
adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system
that offers both specialty and community hospitals. They are:
Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center; Orlando Health Dr.
P. Phillips Hospital; Orlando Health South Lake Hospital; Orlando
Health South Seminole Hospital; Orlando Health Health Central
Hospital; Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children;
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies; and
affiliate, St. Cloud Regional Medical Center. Areas of clinical
excellence are heart and vascular, cancer care, neurosciences,
surgery, pediatric specialties, neonatology and womens health. The
healthcare system also includes the Orlando Health Medical Group,
one of the largest physician groups in the region with seven
divisions and more than 600 physicians who provide primary and
specialty care for adults and children, a renowned cancer center
Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center (with free-standing sites in
downtown Orlando, the Dr. Phillips community in South West Orlando,
Lake Mary, Ocoee and Clermont); four outpatient surgery centers; 11
wholly-owned, affiliated or partnership urgent care centers; and a
majority interest in an entity operating five outpatient imaging
centers. More than 3,100 physicians have privileges across the
Orlando Health system, which is also one of the areas largest
employers with more than 20,200 employees who support our
philosophy of providing high-quality care and service that revolves
around patients needs. Orlando Health proves this everyday with
more than 97,000 inpatient admissions, more than 2.5 million
outpatient visits and more than 4,800 international patients each
year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $360 million
in total value to the community in the form of charity care,
community benefit programs and services, community building
activities and more. Additional information can be found at .
Keywords: Orlando Health, Pinellas Park , Marketing Event Internship, Advertising , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!