Risk Analyst Lead - CFO Risk Programs (Hybrid Work Available)
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Purpose of JobThe ideal candidate will have a strong background
supporting CFO risk programs to include: designing, implementing
and monitoring risk programs, compliance acumen, in-depth
understanding of the regulatory environment, passion for risk
mitigation and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Risk Analyst will work with other professionals within the
Enterprise Risk and Audit teams across the enterprise. Work Hybrid
out of our San Antonio TX, Plano TX, Phoenix AZ, Charlotte NC, or
Tampa FL facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control
and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through
appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise
and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors
the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge
to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are
kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the
appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex
initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office
and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages
broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products and processesJob RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
board members.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience
in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance,
financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or
other related operational area. Or advanced degree/designation in
Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to
risk management and 6 years of work experience in a discipline
relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution
and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance
and/or financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and
ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and
influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and
external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include
demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
- Experience designing, implementing and monitoring enterprise
risk programs (Process Risk Control Inventory, Risk Control Self
Assessments, Risk Inventory, 1st Line Risk Assessment, and Risk
Profile) that includes process and control excellence, issue
management/oversight, operational losses, testing, and management
of regulatory requirements
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk and
- Proven ability to effectively assess and challenge process,
risk and controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze
large bodies of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and
comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and
2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners
and teammates and influence change.
- Experience executing targeted assessments and performing
control testing of design and effectiveness.
- Preferred certifications include CPA (Certified Public
Accountant) and CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
- Experience with both US GAAP and Statutory Accounting
PrinciplesCompensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600- $211,700*(this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.Required
Keywords: USAA, Pinellas Park , Risk Analyst Lead - CFO Risk Programs (Hybrid Work Available), Accounting, Auditing , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!